Anne Schwegmann-Fielding has been creating artworks for public spaces for the last 15 years.
She is a sculptor fascinated by the re-use and recycling of materials. An interest which stems from an ongoing concern surrounding the disposable society in which we live and the often thin line between what is valuable and what is worthless. The core of her work lies within the transformation of everyday objects and attempts to reincarnate and place value on what we take for granted.
The process of searching, finding and combining the materials is fundamental to the development of her ideas. Experimenting with a wide spectrum of materials enables her to discover their inherent qualities. She is a collector; sourcing objects such as old tools, wheelbarrows, mannequins, boxes and materials including cup handles, broken crockery, shattered bus shelter glass and buttons.
Her use of recycled materials has let to projects in a variety of settings, commissions include:
* Kuppa Birds for the Love London Festival at London Zoo
* A Leverhulme trust funded sci-art residency at Writtle College, Chelmsford, was a collaboration between the Artist and a senior landscape lecturer. This resulted in various outcomes including a mosaic meadow where the Artist’s materials were “planted” in a wildflower meadow and research relating to soil diversification and plant growth developed.
* A three metre mosaic flooring for Barratt Homes in Colchester. The central feature for a Pocket park in a new development. Nominated for a Hort Week award
* Artist in Residence at the Gardens of Easton Lodge, Great Dunmow, Curated the Gardens’ first sculpture trail and sculpture commission of the Gardens’ previous owner, the Countess of Warwick.
* International Symposium; Thuringen, Two residencies creating artwork for the sculpture trail An angel cow and electricity building
* London Garden Show, Alexandra Palace (Gold Medal and Best in Show) Mosaiced screens and fountain working with Paradeisos garden design.
Other public commissions include: Broomfield, Essex County and Colchester Hospitals, Braintree Museum, BBC2 Fantasy Rooms, Holly Trees Primary School (New building) Brentwood, Red House, Artists Garden, Colchester, HSBC London
Anne exhibits her work nationally and has work in private collections around the world.